Ikea Runnen Tiles
Decko Premium Tiles
Ikea Runnen Plastic Tiles
- Feels and looks like plastic as it is made 100% from plastic.
Cheap, light, thin and hollow construction - only 0.33kg/tile!
Like many plastics it can be slippery when wet.
Ikea Runnen Timber Tiles
- Requires all the maintenance of a timber deck: Staining, sanding, oiling and painting.
They generate a lot of wastage due to the assymetric clip system.
Ikea Runnen's Clipping system is limited in not being able to interlock any side to any side, but only selected sides, which often makes offcuts not reusable.
Our customers often replace their IKEA Runnen tiles with DECKO Premium Tiles.
Other WPC Decking Tile
Long deck tiles have the disadvantage of easily bending and warping in strong sunlight.
Has all disadvantages of timber: termites, rotting, high maintenance and losing attractive look over time.
Decko Premium Tiles
Decko’s smaller square tiles naturally are a lot less prone to bending and warping.
Termite resistant, doesn’t rot, waterproof and keeps the same attractive look over time.
- This asymmetric clipping system only allows pinned sides to go into the sides with holes, which can make installation a pain, and offcuts non-reusable. This clipping system is actually the same as Decko’s Standard Tiles, which we are now moving away from.
Lightened WPC Decking tiles:
Weight is around 800 grams.
- These tiles look like Decko Premium Tiles, but the construction is lightened, as seen in the cut-out side profile.
Being lighter makes them cheaper to buy, import, ship and store, but decreases their life span.
- The cut outs on the bottom of the boards makes them un-symmetric in its horizontal axis, which makes it much more prone to deformation with long sunlight exposure on top and water on the bottom.
Decko Premium Decking Tiles:
Weight is 1140 grams.
- Solid rectangular side profile, no corners cut in manufacture.
Heavier tiles, costs slightly more to buy, import, ship and store but are longer lasting. You get what you pay for.
- No cut outs, solid and rectangular boards, with symmetric cross section of boards. Less likely to deform due to long sunlight exposure.
Roll up synthetic grass:
- Sits directly on the ground. Sponge-like characteristics makes it soggy and wet for a long time.
Barely resembles real grass. Carpet-like look. Uni-coloured fibres.
Requires professional’s work and special substrate.